EXPERT-LED IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES
- 25 Apr, 19:00 – 21:00 GMT+5:30Virtual ExperienceThe oldest Chinatown in South Asia came up in Calcutta since the late 18th century. Explore the story of ebb and flow in the lives of the members of the Indian Chinese Community through this virtual experience.
- 09 May, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Virtual TrailThis is Khidirpur and Garden Reach, two of Calcutta’s least explored territories. The port and river makes these two south Calcutta neighborhoods an interesting area with a series of known and unknown stories.
- 15 May, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Online walkCome with us to explore a maze of alleyways in the Bowbazar area of Calcutta, where we will discover places associated with artistic innovations, scientific advocacy, argumentative newspapers, true crime writing, and early Nationalist organization.
- 16 May, 18:00 – 20:30 GMT+5:30Online walkIn this walk, we will explore what remains of this Old Chinatown of Kolkata. We will visit 5 Chinese temples, learn about the Chinese culture and traditions unique to the Kolkata Chinese, and explore their connections with the Indian freedom movement as well as the Chinese revolution of 1911-12.
- 23 May, 18:00 – 20:30 GMT+5:30Online walkWe will take some short detours to explore the back alleys of Cornwallis Street (Bidhan Sarani) to see the places associated with landmark events and personalities associated with the Bengal Renaissance and later the beginnings of the armed Freedom Movement.
- 30 May, 16:00 – 18:00 GMT+5:30Online walkThe “Inbound areas” in wartime Calcutta were designated as “Safe Zones” for the Commonwealth and US forces that started pouring into the city to deliver Singapore and Manchuria from Japanese occupation. The walk will explore this “inbound” space through eyewitness accounts and forgotten tales.