12 months | ₹5000/month (post-training) |
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2019 | Positions: 02/month (post-training) |
We invite applications for two motivated, Kolkata-based students of history, art history, archaeology, anthropology, heritage studies, or related disciplines to join the Heritage Walk Calcutta team as Walk Interns.
Currently in or recently completed a Masters program in the above-mentioned disciplines.
The ideal candidate will show a strong intent to pursue a PhD after the internship.
Fluent in English, with a working knowledge of Bengali and/or Hindi.
Willingness to connect with the local community for research and to lead walking tours.
The internship will broadly encompass the following responsibilities.
1. Compulsory attendance of a one-month incubation program.
2. Commitment to the internship for a minimum of 1 year.
3. Thoroughly researching and designing at least two walking tours following the training received. Each walking tour should be conducted at least once every month, as determined by the Heritage Walk Calcutta team.
4. Write at least one well-researched blog post on a topic of your choice every month for Heritage Walk Calcutta's blog.
5. Help Heritage Walk Calcutta plan and organize workshops and other community outreach events.
6. Actively engaging on Social Media with Heritage Walk Calcutta customers and others to spread awareness about our events as well as heritage in general.
7. Any other responsibility that may occasionally be assigned to the intern.
1. Full access to Heritage Walk Calcutta's library.
2. Internal workshops for professional and academic development.
3. Assistance with PhD applications in India and abroad.
To apply for this internship program please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.