EXPERT-LED IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES
- 30 Jul, 16:30 – 17:30 GMT+5:30Via ZoomArchaeology under the soil and under the sea: Working as a terrestrial and marine geophysicist in the UK
- Membership Offer01 Aug, 19:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Virtual TrailOn this Virtual Experience we will trace the footsteps of Dwarakanath Tagore, on his death anniversary, through the places and stories associated with him in Kolkata backed by in-depth research and immersive storytelling and visuals.
- Membership Offer07 Aug, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Virtual WalkThe Second World War came to Calcutta slowly in the winter of 1942. Japanese bombers were flying regular scouting missions to destroy Calcutta’s industrial sector in an effort to harm the Allied war effort in the China-Burma-India Theatre. Air-raid sirens were becoming an everyday reality.
- 08 Aug, 14:00 – 15:30 GMT+5:30Virtual WorkshopIn order to enable the process of learning from anywhere in the world, we are bringing a series of Virtual Workshops for you in August 2021. This two-session Virtual Workshop is about Researching Family Histories.
- Membership Offer14 Aug, 18:00 – 20:30 GMT+5:30Virtual WalkWe will take some short detours to explore the back alleys of Cornwallis Street (Bidhan Sarani) to see the places associated with landmark events and personalities associated with the Bengal Renaissance and later the beginnings of the armed Freedom Movement.
- Membership Offer15 Aug, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Virtual WalkThis is Khidirpur and Garden Reach, two of Calcutta’s least explored territories. The port and river makes these two south Calcutta neighborhoods an interesting area with a series of known and unknown stories.
- Membership Offer21 Aug, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Virtual WalkCome with us to explore a maze of alleyways in the Bowbazar area of Calcutta, where we will discover places associated with artistic innovations, scientific advocacy, argumentative newspapers, true crime writing, and early Nationalist organization.
- 22 Aug, 14:00 – 16:00 GMT+5:30Virtual WorkshopIn order to enable the process of learning from anywhere in the world, we are bringing a series of Virtual Workshops for you in August 2021. This virtual workshop is about Reading Politics and Society through Architecture in 19th and 20th Century India.
- Membership Offer22 Aug, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT+5:30Virtual WalkThe Single Screens Virtual Trail will explore and experience the history and the present scenario of the historic single screen cinemas of Kolkata.
- Membership Offer28 Aug, 18:00 – 20:30 GMT+5:30Virtual WalkOn this walk we explore the area which grew from a village on the outskirts into an entertainment and recreational hub of the city, giving Calcutta its moniker the “City of Palaces” - Chowringhee.