In-Person Walk: Dalhousie Architecture Trail
Time & Location
About the Event
When the British East India Company decided to settle on the eastern banks of the Hooghly river over three hundred years ago, little did they know they were laying the foundation for the “Second City of the Empire”. What started as a colonial settlement nestled among native villages, Dalhousie Square and its environs, swiftly turned into the heart of the colonial city of Calcutta.
Adorned with buildings built in styles ranging from Neo-Classical and Victorian Gothic alongside modernist styles such as Art Deco, the architecture of the area always served as a direct reflection of the political and societal scenario at the time.
On this walk, we aim to explore the history and growth of the area through its imposing architecture, that still reserves an esteemed place at the heart of the modern city of Kolkata.
Start Time: 7:30 AM
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Start Point: Raj Bhavan
Price: 650+ GST
Walk Leader: Anmol Grover
A pre-walk message with all relevant details will be sent to the contact number entered upon registration the evening before the walk.
All participants must strictly adhere to the following safety protocols in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- No last-minute walk-ins/registrations allowed
- Cash payments will not be accepted. Bookings will be confirmed only on receipt of payment via online modes.
- Participants must not attend the tour if they are suffering from any symptoms of illness. If you develop symptoms after registering for the walk, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund.
- Participants will be subject to thermal screening upon arrival at meeting point.
- Participants must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times.
- Participants must maintain a minimum distance of 1m from each other.
- Participants must carry their own hand sanitizers and water bottles.
In the event of non-compliance of the protocols mentioned above, Immersive Trails reserves the right to remove the concerned participant(s) from the tour at any point of time.
By registering for the walk, the participants accept responsibility for any adverse event(s) that may arise post the completion of the walk and cannot hold the management responsible.